Ethos and Values
Wimborne First School Vision
Our vision is of a school that has achievable but high expectations of everyone who belongs to Wimborne First school, children, staff, parents, governors and visitors. We provide an environment in which learning for life is an enjoyable and exciting experience. Wimborne First is a school that celebrates diversity and fairness of opportunity; we ensure that responsible and confident attitudes and behaviours prevail and that all achievements at any level are celebrated. We have a vision where pupils and staff feel valued by their peers within the whole community. The school seeks to provide a supportive and stimulating environment in which every child can enjoy their learning, make a positive contribution to the life of the school and achieve their potential.
We are committed to:
• Developing happy, confident children who thrive in a secure and vibrant atmosphere.
• Striving for high academic standards across the whole curriculum, providing every child with the opportunity to achieve their potential.
• Equipping each child for their future by nurturing the development of the whole child emotionally, physically and socially.
• Creating a spirit of collaborative teamwork involving pupils, parents, staff, governors and the wider community in the activities of the school.
To achieve these aims, we:
• Encourage a school climate that celebrates diversity of race, culture, gender and ability.
• Create a warm, bright, stimulating learning environment.
• Encourage pupil’s persistence, resourcefulness and independence.
• Offer a stimulating and challenging curriculum.
• Have a positive attitude towards behaviour and respect for each other.
• Support pupils to believe in themselves as learners and to achieve their personal best.