Vision and Values
Our vision for Wimborne First School and Nursery is to have a school which has high expectations which are achievable for all pupils. The education and opportunities in our school are open to everyone. It really is all about the child!
We have high expectations for all who belong to Wimborne First School and Nursery; children, staff, parents, governors and visitors. We provide an environment in which learning for life is an enjoyable and exciting experience.
Wimborne First School and Nursery celebrates diversity and fairness of opportunity; we ensure that responsible and confident attitudes and behaviours prevail and that all achievements at any level are celebrated.
We have a vision where pupils and staff feel valued by their peers within the whole community. The school seeks to provide a supportive and stimulating environment in which every child can enjoy their learning, make a positive contribution to the life of the school and achieve their potential.
Wellbeing is crucial to a child’s mental health and ability to learn and succeed. We work together to ensure the children can articulate their emotions and express when they need additional support to feel well and achieve at school.
We are committed to:
- Developing happy, confident children who thrive in a secure and vibrant atmosphere.
- Striving for high academic standards across the whole curriculum, providing every child with the opportunity to achieve their potential.
- Equipping each child for their future by nurturing the development of the whole child emotionally, physically and socially.
- Creating a spirit of collaborative teamwork involving pupils, parents, staff, governors and the wider community in the activities of the school.
To achieve these aims, we:
- Encourage a school climate that celebrates diversity of race, culture, gender and ability.
- Create a warm, bright, stimulating learning environment.
- Encourage pupil’s persistence, resourcefulness, resilience and independence.
- Offer a stimulating and challenging curriculum.
- Have a positive attitude towards behaviour and respect for each other.
- Support pupils to believe in themselves as learners and to achieve their personal best.
For pupils to feel safe and secure in the school.
At Wimborne First School and Nursery we root for each other and watch each other grow!