At Wimborne First School, our aim is to provide the highest quality pastoral care throughout the school. All staff work together to help pupils at Wimborne First School achieve their best, educationally, socially and emotionally.
Every member of staff is committed to supporting the emotional health and well-being of all our children and their families. We are happy to speak to pupils and parents/carers about any concerns they may have. However, we also have a dedicated Pastoral Care Team, led by Mrs Pritchard, Assistant Headteacher. Her work is supported by all staff but particularly by Mrs Harmer, SENCo; Miss Thomas and Mrs Malley.
Our children are encouraged to make the most of their time at Wimborne First School, so every effort is made to remove obstacles to successful learning and to equip young people with the confidence and skills to be enthusiastic learners and effective members of the community.
Our aims are:
- To provide an environment which will support the emotional health and well-being of all our pupils.
- To support and empower families who are experiencing challenges.
- To meet the differing needs of all our children so that each unique child is equipped with life-long skills.
- To help our children develop empathy for social, spiritual, emotional and physical needs within the school.
- To maintain an atmosphere in which children feel secure, are encouraged in their learning, growth and social development and know that they are valued within a healthy and safe environment.
- To model for parents/carers that their children are being educated in a safe and nurturing environment.
- To promote positive relationships with parents/carers through good communication and interaction.
- To enhance parental awareness of how children learn and the importance of education.
To work with a range of stakeholders, parents, support staff, outreach agencies and other schools to ensure the best outcomes for every pupil.
Please click the links below to find out more.