Welcome to Reception
Click the following links for Receptions transition booklets:
Miss Hardman - Transition booklet Miss Hardman
Mrs Edwards - Transition booklet Mrs Edwards
Reception Information- 2020/2021
Class Structure and Organisation
Mrs Edwards - Butterfly Class (Reception Lead)
Miss Hardman - Bumblebee Class
- After October half term, your child will bring home their reading book and reading record every day. The children have the opportunity to independently change their reading book as often as they like. We would like to encourage the children to read as much as they can, so any opportunity for you to hear them read is very much appreciated. Please record in their reading record each time that you listen to your child read. Please ensure that their reading record and reading book come into school every day.
- A home learning task will be placed in your child's home learning book every Friday. Please can your child's home learning book be brought into school every Wednesday so that it can be marked and the next week's home learning stuck in.
- Each child has a reward chart and will receive stickers for good behaviour. When their chart is full they can visit Mrs Hartley’s reward shop! We also have our very own class reward, where the children have to work together to earn a pom pom for the class jar. Once this is full, the children choose a class reward.
- Please ensure that your child wears the appropriate, named, PE kit on a Tuesday. We also advise that your child does not have their ears pierced during term times as they cannot take part in PE with ear-rings in. The summer holidays would provide a suitable healing period.
- Please can your child bring their book bag to school every day.
- We encourage the children to drink water regularly, so please provide a filled, named water bottle for them to bring in each day.
Please can you make sure all items of clothing, bags, lunch boxes and water bottles are clearly labelled with your child's name.